The Dunblane Cathedral Halls provide an extensive range of halls and rooms, available as a resource for groups and organisations within the community as well as the Congregation. Bookings can be made online, or via the Cathedral Administrator.
The original hall, designed in 1903, was greatly enhanced in 1997 with the addition of a suite of facilities designed by architects McEachern MacDuff of Stirling.
*** Please note: the Main Hall, kitchen and Cockburn Lounge are not currently available due to refurbishment, to be completed early autumn 2023. ***
The main Cathedral Hall with its stage and well-equipped kitchen facilities is a popular venue for concerts. Amplification and a piano are available in the hall.
At one side of the main Cathedral Hall, with opening partitions to it for flexible use, is The Well used for serving coffees to visitors throughout the year and as a display area.
The Helen Lamb Room is an octagonal room on the ground floor, with adjoining pantry, named in recognition of the outstanding artistic contribution to the Cathedral of Helen A Lamb.
The St Andrews Hall upstairs is the second largest hall in the Cathedral Halls complex and is ideally suited to musical groups, having a wooden floor and piano.
The Janet Wallace Room upstairs is furnished with easy chairs and a smart TV - Janet Wallace largely originated the Cathedral's restoration in 1889-93. Please note: this room, unfortunately, is not accessible for disabled users.
The Leighton Room sits above both the Ritchie Room and the Helen Lamb Room, with a conical pine roof above the octagonal section of the room and affording spectacular views from its windows. Bishop Leighton (Bishop of Dunblane 1662-71) had his name given to this room with its fine views because he showed great vision at a time of religious strife in Scotland between episcopacy and presbyterianism.
The Stratherne Room, next to the Janet Wallace Room, is the office of the Director of Music - Stratherne commemorates the gift of a third of the lands for the upkeep of the Bishopric by the third Earl of Stratherne in the 13th century. The spelling is one of the spellings used in documents of the period. (This room is not bookable.)
The Ritchie Room is the name given to the Office on the ground floor, which recalls the Rev Alexander Ritchie, in whose ministry the restoration of the Cathedral took place. (This room is not bookable.)
The complex is served with toilet facilities, including disabled facilities, and a baby-changing facility. There is also a stairlift providing access to the St Andrews Room and Leighton Room.